Priority #2: Increase the protection of individual rights, independence and self-determination
- Objective 2A: Individuals with disabilities will not be deprived of their rights and will be able to engage in self advocacy TO THE EXTENT APPROPRIATE BASED ON THEIR NEEDS AND CAPABILITIES AS DETERMINED THROUGH A PERSON-CENTERED PLANNING PROCESS.
- Objective 2B: ASSURE THAT “SELF-DETERMINATION” AS A METHOD OF DETERMINING AND DELIVERING SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED AS AN OPTION TO MORE TRADITIONAL FORMS OF SERVICE DELIVERY.
- Objective 3A: Improve access and rights to services within vocational rehabilitation and centers for independent living
- Objective 3B: Individuals with disabilities will assert their employment rights under the ADA and/or Section 504, as well as other employment laws, e.g. Fair Labor Standards Act, and will have employment options in the competitive and integrated workforce.
- Objective 3C: Individuals with disabilities will have access to social security work incentives. Objective 3D: Beneficiaries with disabilities will be free from exploitation, abuse, and neglect by their representative payee.
- OBJECTIVE 3E: ENSURE THE AVAILABILITY OF CENTER-BASED VOCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND OTHER EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS THAT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION INDIVIDUAL NEEDS AND PREFERENCES AS DETERMINED THROUGH A PERSON-CENTER PLANNING PROCESS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE SUCCESSFULLY IN COMPETITIVE, INTEGRATED EMPLOYMENT.
- Objective 4A: Individuals with disabilities will be assured services, including housing, transportation and assistive technology, identified to support them IN THE HOME AND COMMUNITY OF THEIR PREFERRED CHOICE AS EXPLORED AND DOCUMENTED IN THEIR PERSON CENTERED PLANNING PROCESS.
- Objective 4B: Governmental entities and providers of critical services will be accessible and provide needed accommodations.
- Objective 4C: Individuals with disabilities will have access to services, including assistive technology, which supports THEIR RETENTION OF OR TRANSITION TO A HOME AND COMMUNITY OF THEIR PREFERRED CHOICE AS EXPLORED AND DOCUMENTED IN THEIR PERSON CENTERED PLANNING PROCESS.