A workshop sponsored by Family-to-Family called "What Are My Rights and Responsibilities and Who Can Help Me Navigate the System? " should be helpful to families of adults with disabilities as well as families with special needs children.
This is from the Web site about the workshop in Howell that will be held on October 4, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Livingston ESA, 1425 West Grand River Avenue, Howell, MI :
[The workshop] is for anyone who wants a better understanding of rights, responsibilities and complaint processes including timelines, complaint procedures and what someone could expect during the processes under:
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- Community Mental Health Services/Hospital Mental Health
- Special Education Services
Workshop Fee: $10 (Includes Meal)
SBCEUs or SWCEs: $15 [This is for people who need the workshop to count toward certification or accreditation.]
Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available for families. Please contact Lisa Cook-Gordon at (800) 359-3722.
Click here to register for the workshop in Howell.
Other Training Dates/Times/Locations outside of Southeastern Michigan:
- October 9, 2012 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at Eastern Upper Peninsula ISD, 315 Armory Place, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
- October 11, 2012 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at Menominee ISD, 1201 41st Avenue, Menominee, MI 49858
- October 29, 2012 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at Otsego District Public Library, 219 South Farmer Street, Otsego, MI 49078
- November 12, 2012 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at Macomb ISD, Room 104, 44001 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48038 (586) 228-3321